Cooking Classes

15.7.13

Summer Potato Salad with Cedar Planked Steelhead Trout and Herbs

Summer time is for simplicity and one dish meals on those lazy, hot days. I try to eat all my farmers' market purchases before the next market rolls around. Sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

I boiled some new baby potatoes, shelled fresh peas, snipped garden tarragon, parsley and chives and decorated with edible flowers. Then I tossed with flaked cedar planked steelhead trout and mayo. This one dish meals took all of 15 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. yummmm. My new favourite summmer potato salad is freshly boiled-then-drained spuds, a splash of apple cider vinegar while the potatoes are still hot, diced vidalia (or red) onion, a 1 Tbps splash of canola oil, fresh peas and dill. Thankfully there are enough wonderful summer days to experiment with all kinds of versions of fresh potato salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I love tarragon in my potato salad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe, Kathy. I have all those ingredients in my pantry and garden. I'll try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spy borage and nasturtiums..and a lovely salad!
    I am now totally in love w/ borage flowers..you 2 I bet:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love borage flowers, too. Good thing because they reseed themselves and they are all over my garden.

      Delete
  5. It seems that I must try borage:D A lovely salad Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah borage flowers! I love them and for some reason my herb lady in the market didn't do borage this year.... I waited and waited. Finally bought seeds and they are about 3" now... here's hoping for a crop.

    Lovely salad and photo... nasturtiums are a favorite too... love the pepper flavor ( and you can pickle the spent buds -- they are better than capers!).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.