Cooking Classes

17.1.10

Chicken Paillards with Hazelnut Cream Sauce



This is another dinner for one.  And again, it is a dinner chosen by the boundaries of the pantry.  I think that cooking without a recipe is an invaluable skill.

Chicken Paillards with Hazelnut Cream Sauce

1 chicken breast
1 T butter or olive oil
2 T chopped shallots
2 T chopped and toasted hazelnuts
2 T dry vermouth
2 T mushroom broth (from rehydrating dried mushrooms)
2 T heavy cream

Slice the chicken breast on the diagonal to make 4 equal pieces.  Place each piece between two pieces of waxed paper and pound to make a thin scallopinis or paillards.

Saute the chicken pieces in butter until cooked.  Place on a plate and tent with tin foil to keep warm.  When the chicken pieces have been cooked, in the same pan saute the shallots.  Deglaze the pan with the dry vermouth and mushroom broth.  Reduce until only half remains.  Add cream and hazelnuts and again reduce until the desired thickness of the sauce has been reached.  Season with salt and pepper.  Pour the sauce over the paillards.  Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed green vegetables.

10 comments:

  1. It looks sooooooooo good ! Thanks for this great receipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really does look so good.I love walnuts w/ chicken..Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cette crème aux noisette à l'air excellente, j'en prends note

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walnuts, yum. I'll have to try that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a cream sauce over the chicken. I often add sherry to it; I'll have to try the vermouth. Gee, since my older sons don't love nuts, do you think they'll be less piggy so there might be a bit left for my lunch the next day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazelnuts with chicken... how unique! And anything with a cream sauce makes me go YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! wow, I love hazelnuts and chicken, what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That chicken paillard sounds amazing... how can you go wrong with hazelnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hazelnut creamsauce sounds amazing! Mmmm I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A hazelnut cream sauce sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.